Vodafone Protect & Connect 6
Vodafone Protect & Connect 6 offers you GPS stolen vehicle tracking with all of the features included in the Protect & Connect system plus the added security of generating the following alerts to Vodafone Automotive’s Secure Operating Centre:
- Tow-Away Alert – This alert is triggered when motion is detected by the system with the vehicle ignition switched off and helps to alert the owner if the vehicle is being towed away without their knowledge.
- Tamper Alert – The tamper alert feature activates when the system battery is disconnected or discharged or the wiring is cut. This feature immediately alerts Vodafone Automotive that the Protect & Connect 6 system is being tampered with in a potential theft.
- GSM Jamming Alert – ‘GSM jammers’ are devices that can block the GPS signal from tracking devices in an attempt to stop the vehicle’s location from being monitored or detected. Vodafone Protect & Connect 6 automatically sends a jamming alert when an attempt is made to jam the GSM signal and triggers the alert.
Thatcham Category 6
The Vodafone Protect & Connect 6 system is the next step up from our entry level Protect & Connect system, with the added value of being Thatcham Category 6 approved. Category 6 is the second highest possible insurance accrediation for stolen vehicle tracking devices and as such, offers you serious protection for your vehicle against car theft. Learn more about Thatcham Accreditation here.
Vodafone Protect & Connect 5
Vodafone Protect & Connect 5 is our top of the range system, you can download our brochure here. Vodafone Protect & Connect 5 incorporates all the benefits of the standard Vodafone Protect & Connect 6 system with the added protection of:
- Automatic Driver Recognition (ADR)
- Remote Engine Immobilisation
- The highest level of insurance accreditation available in the UK – Thatcham Category 5
ADR (Automatic Driver Recognition)
The driver card is a discreet pocket-sized card that you carry with you whenever you drive your vehicle. On leaving your vehicle, the system automatically arms itself.
If the vehicle is moved without the driver card present, Vodafone Automotive’s Secure Operating Centre is alerted instantly to a potential theft. This means that even if your vehicle is taken using your own keys, the theft is detected immediately.
How does it work?
The system is supplied with 2 unique driver cards. An authorised driver must have a driver card in their possession when using the vehicle.
- The system will automatically arm itself 70 seconds after the vehicle ignition has been switched off and the driver card is out of range (approximately 3 metres)
- The system will automatically disarm itself when the driver card is brought back in range of the vehicle
- If your vehicle is driven and the driver card has not been detected, a silent alert will be transmitted to the Vodafone Automotive 24 hour Secure Operating Centre, who will contact you to check that a vehicle theft has not taken place
For added security, if the driver card is not present, the system will also generate an alert:
- When your vehicle is lifted or towed away without the keys
- When your vehicle battery is disconnected or discharged
Remote Engine Immobilisation
Remote Engine Immobilisation technology enables Police to authorise Vodafone Automotive to send an alert to the vehicle to prevent the engine being restarted once it comes to a standstill. This significantly increases the chance of your vehicle being recovered undamaged, and can also help Police to avoid high speed pursuit of suspect vehicles.
Thatcham Category 5 Approved
Vodafone Protect & Connect 5 conforms to the highest level of insurance accreditation for stolen vehicle tracking systems, Thatcham Category 5. As such, it offers you the ultimate security protection for your vehicle to prevent vehicle theft.